San Bernardino Family Law Facilitator's Office & Child Support Clerk's Office/Courtrooms have Moved to the Historic Courthouse 351 N. Arrowhead, San Bernardino


Our Family Law Facilitator is an attorney with experience in family law matters who works for the Superior Court and provides free assistance to unrepresented litigants regarding Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) cases, child support calculations, and motions. The Family Law Facilitator is not your lawyer, but a neutral person who does not represent any party. The Family Law Facilitator is not your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is created as a result of any information or services provided to the party by the Family Law Facilitator and/or staff. This means that communications are not privileged and that services may be provided to both parties to a case.

Please Note: The Facilitator is not affiliated with the Department of Child Support Services. The Facilitator is an employee of the Court. You should consult with your own attorney if you want personalized legal advice or strategy, have a confidential conversation, or be represented by an attorney in court.

The Family Law Facilitator can assist you with

  • Running a preliminary child support calculation
  • Explanation of the child support process, including filing an answer or response to child support documents
  • Assistance with preparation and service of child-support related pleadings
  • Explanation of court processes and options, including settlement opportunities
  • Answer questions about the preparation for court hearings
  • Explanation of the meet-and-confer process to be done with the Department of Child Support Services
  • Assistance with identifying the relevant facts to be presented to the court and/or Department of Child Support Services regarding issues on calendar
  • Assistance for the self-represented litigant to be prepared to present his or her case before the judicial officer, if there is no agreement made during prehearing discussions
  • Assistance with obtaining a written and signed order following the hearing
  • Provide any needed community referrals

If you have an existing case, bring copies of the following documents

  • Copy of the Summons and Complaint
  • Copy of the current Judgment or Order
  • Two months of current pay stubs or proof of income
    • If self-employed, Schedule “C” from tax returns and a current profit and loss statement.
    • Disability or unemployment information, if applicable
  • If you are disputing child support arrearages, bring copies of the following documents:
    • Complete audit or accounting of child support ordered and paid and proof of payment.
  • If requesting credit for time that the child(ren) were living with you while you were being charged child support (Trainotti Credits), bring copies of the following documents:
    • Proof that the child(ren) were living with you (such as school records, medical records, leases or rental agreements that name the children etc.)
  • If a parent is owed child support, and they would like to waive their right to receive child support, bring the following documents:
    • Current statement from the Department of Child Support Services of the principal and interest of child support owed to the parent waiving the child support.
  • If you are disputing paternity:
    • Copy of Voluntary Declaration of Paternity if signed and available
    • Copy of Judgment
    • Copy of the Proof of Service (if you were not served)

You can find your documents at the following locations

  • Your own records or records of income from your employer
  • Court records including judgments and orders and proofs of services may be obtained from the clerks’ office in the courthouse where your case was decided
  • Audits or accounts of child support owed and paid may be obtained from the Department of Child Support Services